WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
A thin, porcelain molding customized to cover the front of a tooth is a dental veneer. To build an aesthetically pleasing smile, each porcelain veneer is bonded to the front of a tooth.
The veneers of porcelain have a number of different uses. They can cover unattractive holes, mask stains, and hide teeth that are misshapen or crooked. Patients enjoy the dramatic and almost instantaneous transformation a veneer can bring to their smile.
BENEFITS OF VENEERS FOR TEETH
With veneers for teeth, patients love to enhance their smiles. Here are some of the examples why:
- The procedure only requires two office visits.
- The veneers of porcelain consist of a biocompatible material
- During the placement of a dental veneer, much of the natural tooth is preserved
- Incredibly natural-looking veneers for teeth
- For perfect outcomes, often little to NO tooth reduction or preparation is needed.
HOW LONG DO DENTAL VENEERS LAST?
Veneers have the power to last a lifetime! Teeth veneers are strong. They are particularly resilient to chipping and staining.
The job of the patient is to carefully preserve the veneers. Keep up with your regular flossing and cleaning, at least twice a year, and see our hygienist.
The veneers could be harmed by chewing on hard items just like they hurt your teeth. In fact, we usually say it takes as much force as a natural tooth to crack a porcelain veneer.
To customize each and every porcelain veneer to perfection, we only use the highest quality porcelain. At Oceanside Gentle Dentistry, a brand new smile is waiting for you!